This Easy Pound Cake recipe is a keeper! It’s a simple pound cake loaf made entirely with butter. Learn how to make this simple moist, and traditional pound cake from scratch using only 5 Ingredients.
Pound Cake is among those old made cake dishes that will constantly have a place on my dessert table. This cake dish has been around for ages and first originated here in Europe.
I wished to share my pointers and techniques for baking a homemade pound cake from scratch since it seems like all of us require to understand the classics!
As soon as you know the fundamentals of making this recipe, you can make it and adjust it to fit your tastes and imagination, which is when genuine magic occurs!
What is the secret to a good pound cake?
I love this recipe because I find the flavor of the pound cake as I know it, with a great taste of butter and fresh egg.
On the other hand, if you really want to enjoy the characteristic softness and humidity of the pound cake, you will have to have the patience to wait at least 24 hours before tasting it.
I can assure you that it has not at all the same taste when it comes out of the oven as if you eat it the next day (or even the next day, the flavor will be even better!), it has absolutely nothing to do in terms of taste and texture.
I count on you to control yourself and not to devour it as soon as it is done! You will only be rewarded the next day.
Again the texture of pound cake should be finely textured, moist, and even. To make a superb pound cake, follow these eight tips and recommendations.
- Butter and flour the pan.
- Eggs and butter must be a room temperature.
- If you use a mixer. Reduce the speed of your mixer to a low setting.
- Take the time to cream your batter properly.
- Once the eggs have been added, don’t overbeat
- Make sure your cake isn’t overbaked.
- Partially cool the cake in the pan.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with different flavors.
Take into consideration:
- You can use unsalted butter ( and then add a little salt) or use semi-salted butter (French prefer the latter).
- Regarding the baking: the first 10 minutes at 180 ° (this will allow the cake to rise well from the start), after the 10 minutes, you must lower the oven temperature to 145- 150 ° and cook for another 35 minutes.
- Don’t use yeast to preserve the great taste of butter and eggs. Don’t worry, and the cake won’t have a hard time swelling if you beat the eggs well with the sugar for 7 minutes.
- This pound cake keeps well for several days; it will stay nice and moist if you wrap it well.
About Butter Pound Cake
How pound cake get it’s name
This Classic Pound Cake recipe utilizes just four essential components that weigh in at 1 pound each of the four basic ingredients: flour, butter, eggs, and sugar.
It’s a traditional butter cake that is best topped with fresh fruits and whipped condensed milk, or sometimes sprinkled with powdered sugar!
How to Store Pound Cake? Can I Freeze It?
Your pound cake will stay fresh and excellent for around 4-5 days by keeping it in an airtight container. You can likewise cover your pound cake with saran wrap and foil, then freeze it for as much as six months.
Let frozen pound cake thaw on the counter before unwrapping for the most satisfactory outcomes.
[blockquote align=”none” author=] Ready to dive into this recipe? Let’s get started. [/blockquote]
Easy Pound Cake Recipe
This Easy Homemade Pound Cake is a keeper! It's a simple pound cake loaf made entirely with butter. Learn how to make this simple moist, and traditional pound cake from scratch using only 5 Ingredients.
- 160 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 160 g softened lightly salted butter
- 160 g sugar (or Stevia )
- 3 medium eggs ( or 4 Smaller bio eggs)
Preheat the oven to 150 °C / 300 °F.
Let the eggs and butter come to room temperature.
Mix the flour and powder.
Place room temperature butter and the sugar in a bowl and beat until light and creamy. Mix well until smooth.
Once your butter and sugar are creamed, add the dry ingredients in stages. Gradually add the eggs one by one to the sour cream, mixing them every time, and beat well.
Stir in the flour gradually. When the mixture is smooth, pour it into the cake tin.
Bake for 40 to 50 Minutes. Check that the cake is done by inserting the blade of a knife, it should come out clean, without any traces of mixture.
- You can emplace the regular eggs for BIO eggs. just keep in mind that big eggs are smaller so weigh the eggs and be sure that their weight is 160g
- You can replace sugar with stevia. This way, your cake will have fewer calories.
- You don’t need a mixer to make the pound cake. However, you can make use of it as long as you always use it at low-speed settings.
- If you are allergic to gluten, you can replace the all-purpose flour with almond flour.
- Remember that before unmolding your cake, you must wait for it to cool down for at least 10-15 minutes.
If you try this pound cake or the strawberry tart recipe, please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments section below; I will love hearing from you!